Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 2010 15:48:39 GMT
>>...the local golf course POISONS .... the Red Clover, where it grows in the rough. .... the Course Manager says he only applies the poison before the plant is in flower.  This does not make me or my bees feel any better.

You increase several times your risk of contracting cancer if you work or play on a gold course or *modern* farms or apply pesticide on your lawn.

http://www.toxicsinfo.org/Lawn/Pesticides%20&%20Cancer.htm

Have you seen your bees work red clover?  I have never seen mine do it in my suburban setting.  I've seen bees work red clover where it was planted over some acrege.  They say the Caucasian bees' probosis is long enough to effectively collect the nectar from red clover.

Waldemar (who uses no pesticides and welcomes clovers in his front and back yards :)