From:
Jane Beckman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 1994 16:34:42 PDT
>Could it be the spraying of malathion has finally taken its toll? Did they
spray for the med fly again?

Now that we mention it, the area south of me was sprayed for fruit flies
again, last year.  In this case, it was ground-spraying only, but it was
still spraying.  I wonder if taking out an area in the south county will
drift up to the mid-county, over time, or if you get insect drift (or thinning)
between the areas?

Jane B.