From:
Stephen Putnam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Aug 2011 18:40:19 +0100
Lloyd Spear wrote:
> I have no idea what Medhat was referencing in terms of 'autofilling'
> applicators, but it sounds like something for guys with many hundreds if not
> thousands of hives.  Not for someone with 200 hives and only 25-30 in a
> yard.  Please correct me, if possible, and point me to somewhere to review
> the applicator.

These are automatic dosing syringes for cattle or sheep. They are cheap and
easy to use. Any agricultural suppliers should have them, your local vet
should be able to supply them also. An example of many is visible here:

http://www.vetmedsdirect.co.uk/products/Vecoxan-Gun.html

I use a glass jar to hold the syrup and have modified the lid so that the
supply tube for the syringe sits in the syrup.

Stephen