From:
Tim Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 2000 12:32:26 EST
Ladies and Gentleman,

I know that in the northern states, that over wintering take a tad more
preparation than it does down south. Tar paper, extra stores, etc., seem to
be the major prep.  In the South where winters are "milder," many of these
preparations are not necessary.  Now this winter seems to be an exception so
far.  Im from the Atlanta area, normally this time of year the lows are in
the mid 30's with highs sometimes in the low to mid 50's. For the past three
years we have had maybe two dozen nights below freezing-thats why the fire
ant population is high.  However this year things are different already, with
predictions of a long, cold, wet winter.  Since Thanksgiving we have had 50%
of the days in the low to mid 40's and even lower. For example this weekends
weather will be teens at night and 30's during the day. Now I know this is
not the sub zero weather of say Wisconsin, but for the deeper south that's
chilly.

Now for the question, Is the temperature such that I should consider extra
measures not normally associated with overwintering in Ga??

Thanks for all the great info I get from this group.

TIM MORRIS