From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 1996 15:41:40 -0500
>>W. G. Miller wrote
Diagnosing a dead beehive that you've never seen is a bit tricky, but I am
>surprised that nobody (besides myself) has considered tracheal mites a likely
>probable cause.  The symptoms (hive dies in winter with lots of honey) sure
>sound a lot like the tracheal mite kills I have seen (including some of my

>Anyway, at present U.S. beekeepers have to use independent treatments for
>both, even though they may both be used at the same time.  Treat for just one
>mite, and the other will get you.

At long last, I have been quoting this since I first subscribed to the list.
If you read Dr. Nasr's recent post on Thermal Regulation then you have the
answer. If something can't breath then nothing else matters, as the ad says.
Just because you can't see T-mites doesn't mean they no longer exist, you
might have both!!
   * David Eyre          9 Progress Drive, Unit 2, *
   * The Beeworks,    Orillia, Ontario, L3V 6H1.*
   * [log in to unmask]      705-326-7171 *
   * http://www.muskoka.net/~beeworks          *