From:
Wallace C O'Steen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 1998 21:25:23 -0500
I'm planning on moving my hives to a new yard
less than one mile away from their present location.
I would like to keep from having to move them twice
if that's possible.

I have read somewhere that you can make a short
move if at the new location you leaned a wide board
against the front of the hive.  When the bees would exit
the hive they would be faced with this obstruction which
normally was not in their flight path.  This, supposedly,
would force the bees to orient themselves to their
new location.

Has anyone tried this?  Will it work?

Wally O'Steen
Huntsville, Alabama
Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]