Date:
Fri, 27 Nov 2009 03:24:55 GMT
>>A pot of strawberry jam will have HMF at  about 500ppm with no problems so I conclude that HMF in honey is not a
real problem but one more example of unnecessary and undesirable government interference.

I have not been able to find the specific studies often mentioned but there are reports on the web that say studies of high HFM in HFCS have linked it to DNA damage in humans, eg.:

http://www.news-medical.net/news/20091015/HMF-in-high-fructose-corn-syrup-linked-to-DNA-damage-in-humans.aspx

HMF levels in honey may be far lower than in HFCS and DNA damage is not readily observable in the context of the aging process.

Waldemar