From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Apr 2011 14:34:15 -0400
Hello,

Many here know I run the Historical Honeybee Archive.
Site which I started because of my love for the
history of beekeeping, inspired by Eva Cranes
World History of Beekeeping and Honey Hunting,
as well as history in general.

I have noticed while researching old bee journals
in the USA as well as the UK, that the UK has the
USA beat in appreciation for the history of beekeeping.

Historically, apiarian biographies and articles of historical
perspective abound in British Journals, while to
a lesser extent, are they reviewed in the USA
Journals.

The promotion of the history of beekeeping is a promotion
of beekeeping in general, and is therefore good for all
that have an interest in beekeeping.

As I have in the past, I invite and encourage writers of
beekeeping articles and newsletters to harvest articles
or bits of information from the Historical Honeybee
Articles Site for use in their articles or newsletters.
Just reference the H.H.A. link to the site as the source,
so others may find it.

You can seek out articles from the files section
to find an article which is appropriate for
your newsletter or article.

If you are researching a specific topic, I have a
standing invitation for you to contact me, and
I will find articles related to your topic of research
which may be of interest.

The site has now reached 200 members.
To celebrate, I have opened up the archives
to 'public viewing' for the month of April.
So you may read articles posted, and
I will not know you were even there.  ;)

PS.  The U.K. folks are welcome to harvest
articles from the site also, if they wish to
stay ahead of the U.S.A.   ;)

Best Wishes,
Joe Waggle