From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 18:41:22 -0700
Hi all

Allen Dick recently wrote in Bee Culture in June 2002 in an
article about our bees, that he saw some remarkable little
black bees with wings longer then the bees-  - - to the
extent that the wings actually stuck out behind the bees.

 Please note, I bring this to attention because this is one
thing I ws taught early on to look for, for selection  of
breeding stock for pure strain vs hybrids.

Question:
Don't most all of you have some bees with wings longer then
the bodies of your workers and drones, or at least the same
length, or to length to within the last tergit on the
abdomen?

I also bring this question out, because I am getting calls
on Allen's seeing this and I don't consider it something
new in bees.

Regards,

Dee A. Lusby