From:
Matt Ter Molen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 1994 17:09:00 CST
We are still in the clover flow in nothern Illinois (white sweet), so
I haven't seen many bees working the herbs.  A general question, does
anyone else have problems trying to feed the bees grease patties for
tracheal mite treatment?  I have made patties according to specs found
in the journals and elsewhere, but the bees never seem to touch them.
Even when I use less crisco and more sugar, and even if I feed them in
the spring, mid-summer or fall.