From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 4 Jan 1997 12:06:55 -0600
Well, I have read this thread and wondered. To sum it up, it seems
to go just like this:

"If everyone were just like me, everything would be fine, so smarten
up you (other) people".

Well, sorry, but I have to tell you, it isn't that way. Probably
over time, *ten times* the current number of people who are presently
on the list have subscribed then left.  I've watched them come and
go.

What *are* the numbers, Aaron?

Now many did not really have much interest, but many, many did not
find this a suitable venue -- for many different reasons.

I find it a great place, but many do not have thick hides.  Others
just find the amount of trash and abuse intolerable.

I used to be a miner, and in that trade we got dirty and we were
also glad to get even an ounce or so of metal out of a ton of rock,
so, I guess I guess a low return on investment here occasionally
doesn't bother me.  Sometimes we hit pay dirt. I've got more than a
few big nuggets.

Moreover, I'm a Ham, and that hobby consists mostly of a bunch of
guys sitting alone at home listening to static and hearing other
guys say "I can't hear you can you still hear me"?  If you do get a
good connection, then the major topic is how strong the signal is (5
by 9 -- or 5nn if you are listening to morse code chirping away)
and how you got your signal it so strong.  :)

So I guess I'm saying to each his own.  Some people don't like static
and cross talk, so they need to be considered too.

We need more than one forum, with different rules for each.

That's not to say we can't still meet here just the same.

Regards

Allen

W. Allen Dick, Beekeeper                                         VE6CFK
RR#1, Swalwell, Alberta  Canada T0M 1Y0
Internet:[log in to unmask] & [log in to unmask]
Honey. Bees, & Art <http://www.internode.net/~allend/>