From:
Wayne Rumball <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Nov 1994 21:15:00 GMT
 On 11-02-94 [log in to unmask] wrote to ALL...

 R > Ron:
 R > Glucose/fructose ratios are not a very good indicator of potential

 R > granulation in honey; probably the best potential predictions of
 R > crystallization can be obtained from the glucose/water ratios.  Check
 R > the
 R > chapter by Jonathan White in Eva Crane's book Honey.  He also
 R > references a
 R > technique for determination of glucose levels in honey.  Analysis
 R > procedures
 R > for the determination of glucose content are not difficult and it can
 R > be
 R > done using several different methods.  If you need additional
 R > information
 R > please let me know.  You can email me at the address below.  Regards -
 R > Rick
 R >

Well maybe.  Certainly honey with 25% moisture is more likely to stay
liquid longer that honey with 16% moisture.  But it will probably ferment
pretty fast too.  Water should remain a constant in the equation, not be a
factor.  It is a fact that certain honeys, regardless of the moisture content
remain liquid for months or years on end, while other, regardless of the
moisture content, will crystallize in a few days.

Wayne Rumball
IHEO/ODEM
---
 * OFFLINE 1.58