From:
Todd Warner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2011 10:18:01 -0500
In the past, we've used a beeswax, linseed oil, turpentine mix. The
turpentine thins the wax so that it can penetrate and then evaporates away.
You have to heat the mixture to get the wax to mix evenly, by the way.

An alternative, but time consuming method and similar to using the hot iron
mentioned in this thread: use a heat gun. I have done this for a bow
(archery) that I sealed with beeswax. I rubbed the wax on, and then melted
it into the wood with the heat gun... repeat.

The tank method is only recommended if you have a ton of woodenware and a
ton of spare wax. :) It's also fairly dangerous. It is on our "todo list" to
make a tank and try it though.

-todd

--
The Carolina Bee Company