From:
BLANE WHITE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 May 1995 08:01:40 CST6CDT
hi Dave,
Tried to send this directly too you but keep getting a mail error
message.

Sorry to hear that the bear found your hive...I lost most of four to
a bear a year ago.  Not fun.  He will be back!!!  You will probably
have mostly adult bees left ...they really like the brood.  You have
a few choices: either move the hive, fence it, or kill the bear.  The
solar fencers which will power 20 miles of fence work well but
sometimes walk off.  You will also need to keep the weeds down under
the fence to keep it from shorting out.  You want a fencer that will
put out at least 4000 volts to do a good job as a bear fence.

I moved my bees into town.  They are in my yard now.
 Overall I came out pretty good as many
beekeepers here loose quite a few colonies here every year sometimes
even with a good fence.
good luck
Blane

Blane White