From:
Grant Gillard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2006 06:18:24 -0800
Christ Slade asked:  What is "Checkerboarding?"

  Response:  The most innovative technique that will absolutely blow the lid off your hive.

  The term was popularized by a man named Walt Wright, who later renamed it "Nectar Management."

  I think the world of him, and not a day goes by that I don't kneel before my smoker and offer a word of thanksgiving.  His techniques revolutionized my beekeeping practices, eliminated swarming, boosted production, and increased my joy of keeping bees.

  The technique is too complex to explain here.  Pick up any issue of Bee Culture from the past two or three years and you can catch his column.

  Or click on this link to catch up on a compilation of his articles.

  http://www.knology.net/~k4vb/all%20walt%20articles.htm

  But be warned, not everyone agrees with him and not everyone has tried his techniques.  Usually those who disagree haven't tried his techniques.

  Grant
  Jackson, MO

Sponsored Link

   Mortgage rates as low as 4.625% - $150,000 loan for $579 a month. Intro-*Terms