Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 14:54:30 -0500
I used an upper entrance on all my hives.

No skunk problem although they were certainly in the area.

The entrance was too high for them and even if they tried to reach up, their
soft bellies would get exposed and stung.
And it solved the problem that I'd been having with the bees refusing to
come through the excluder.

Take a look here:

http://www.beesource.com/pov/hayes/abjaug85.htm

Jay Mowat
Erin, Ontario

Peter writes
I have just accepted skunk damage and the resultant annoyed
bees. In the "good old days" beekeepers put strychnine tablets on the
landing boards. Any ideas -- aside from moving to England?