From:
Murray McGregor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 16:36:25 EST
In a message dated 3/1/02 2:30:23 PM GMT Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> I find the brads pull out easy enough and the top bar can come loose of the
> side bars. This is not fun in the beeyard so I now add a nail through the
> sidebar into the top bar on each side for a total of 10 nails.

We use 32mm brads, fired two into each joint, using a Paslode gas powered
finish nailer (with reference to the tag line below, please note that a
foreigner is using an American made machine!). It has adjustable drive depth,
and they do not pull out. We have frames specially made to our needs (if not
using full Piercos, which do not exist in British sizes) with grooved top and
bottom bars. On the grooved bottoms you put one brad on each side of the
groove through the thicker bits. Splitting is occasional, and unless severe,
which almost never happens, it is of little cosequence to anything except the
beekeepers critical eye.

> Save American crops, Boycott foriegn honey

Sorry, I perhaps should not respond to this, but I actually sell American
honey to premium customers over here in the UK. Some Americans like to buy my
honey too. Perhaps you think I should take your honey but be hampered in
carrying out reprocal trade?

Murray