From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2014 13:04:39 -0400

I've also talked to Dr Ferrari    His definition of meta analysis and mine are far different.  True meta-analysis should involve statistical or pattern matching analysis of the data, such as using neural networks to process the data.  Last time we talked, he was manually searching the data for sunspot activity for periods for when he found reports of CCD - but those reports of CCD were usually were usually in the form of something like high frequency of CCD in a year.  If you are truly looking for correlations, you need to take the observer bias out.  If he's now done that, great.

As per GMF - there's a definitive graduate thesis on this topic from over 30 years ago.  The student couldn't get bees to respond to positive re-inforcement, but add a bit of adversion conditioning and their true ability was revealed.   I've got it on my shelf somewhere.

J.J. Bromenshenk
Bee Alert
Missoula, Mt