From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 May 2011 08:31:51 -0700
>Is this anecdotal evidence or has there been some actual observation of
this process occurring

Is currently being researched.  I'll be writing about it.

> >In my area, varroa is well handled by the bees

Joe, I am very curious about how the bees in your area "handle" the mite!
 Do mite levels remain low through the season?  Or do the bees simply
survive despite high mite levels?  And do you have any actual numbers as to
numbers of mites per 100 bees, so that we can calibrate our discussion?

The reason for my interest is that I'm curious as to the various adaptive
mechanisms by which bees control varroa.

Randy Oliver