From:
Richard Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 1994 19:29:34 PST
In article  Adrian Wenner <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>Date:         Fri, 9 Dec 1994 10:52:32 PST
>From: Adrian Wenner <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Re: Responses to broadcast questions
>To: Multiple recipients of list BEE-L <[log in to unmask]>

[deletions ...]
>   But please don't read me wrong on this issue.  I really like the
>"chatter" and even liked some of the messages relative to use of beeswax.
>Let me provide an example:

>   One recipient suggested coating rodent traps in beeswax.  I can put that
>idea to good use, since I sell fruit at the local Farmer's Market.  A real
>plague for growers like myself are black rats (roof rats) who can do away
>with a remarkable amount of fruit if left alone (damage if not outright
>loss).  Furthermore, these rats skillfully avoid snap traps and
>conventional bait.  Rats can be a real plague in beekeeping operations.
>----   Thus here we have a suggestion that should appeal to beekeepers
>worldwide; hence, its suitability for posting on the Net.
[more deletions]

Well, I guess the message here is that there is wheat among the chaff ... and
I agree. Any restriction on posting content will have a detrimental effect.
The best way to deal with content that is not interesting or relevant to you
is to ignore it or respond in a reasoned, constructive manner. We (well, at
least some of us) are beekeepers, either hobbyists or business people and
anything new, useful or interesting is probably useful.

Regards, Richard