Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 2010 21:41:26 -0600
> You goofed by a factor of 10

Thanks.  You are absolutely right.

So we can conclude that 0.06% is 1.15 g/gallon?

At any rate, I have too many files open and have been looking at this too
long, but before I got to bed there is this.  IT is about fumigation, but
offers some insights.

From "Toxicity of Seven Monoterpenoids to Tracheal Mites (Acari:
Tarsoneinidae) and Their Honey Bee (Hymenoptera: Apidae) Hosts When Applied
as Fumigants
Marion D. E11is & Frederick P. Baxeudalet

Honey bee mortality responses to thymol and menthol extended over a wider
range of concentrations than did responses to the other 5 compounds
bioassayed. With the other 5 compounds, once the response threshold
concentration was reached, small increases in concentration increased bee
mortality. All monoterpenoid LC values fell in a narrow range (1.7-17.1
.ug/ml). Rice and Coats (1994) found LCs in the same range for menthol,
pulegone, and citral when applied to Musca domestica L. In their study,
menthol, pulegone, and citral had LC50s of 3.6, 9.2, and 13 g/ml,
respectively. Interestingly, although thymol was the most toxic compound to
honey bees examined in this study (LC50 of 1.7 ug/ml), thymol was not highly
toxic to M. domestlca in Rice and Coats' study (LC of 142 ug/ml). Some
compounds assayed in this study were more toxic to honey bees than to their
A. woodi parasites, although others were more toxic to A. woodi. Results
obtained in this study support Rice and Coats' (1994) observations that
monoterpenoid potencies vary considerably, and that minor structural
differences can elicit major differences in toxicity.