From:
K&W Jarrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jul 2006 06:54:18 -0700
 Hello there Bob,

  >  my experiment seems to show the non pareil will NOTself pollinate at
all.

 Growers many times will run spray rigs with just the blower on to move the
 pollen around, giving nature a little wind power. Many  orchards near a
 heavily  traveled road WILL pollinate without bees, but growers won't
 survive with wind alone in a capitalistic market.

>  What if the whole industry refused to pollinate Paramount almonds.

 Bob, I don't know about your place, but out here you can't get beekeepers
 to stick together on anything .When I hear beekeepers talking about (the
 industry ) what part of 100 different directions were you referring to.

 I used to go to the oranges, but with out-of-staters dropping semi-loads
 everywhere its a tough sale these days, it's not much different than the
 cherry (too many bees with nowhere to go all in Calif. ).
 Bob, I'm not whining ,because I believe in the free market place, but
 beekeepers are not known for holding economic degrees.   It's like the
 article's in the A.B.J. & bee suppliers ,  $150 for next years almonds,
 well you now know the out come of (writers and readers ).
 Keith Jarrett
 Calif.