From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2012 09:31:42 -0500
> Bob, in your experience as a commercial beekeeper, in colonies having a
> minimum of 14 frames of brood in May, but not treated in any way for mites
> until Oct 5, and then treated with Apistan, would you expect those
> colonies
> to survive the winter?

many variables but in general if the varroa are not resistant to fluvalinate
Apistan is very effective.

Randy learns as does the list. Dr. delaplane said years ago after three
years of non use you could rotate back. I waited 10.

There are Olivarez package bees close by which were never treated at all
spring or fall last year doing fine.

Each situation is different. The source of the package bees was not reveled
in the paper or the presentation.
Hmmm.

I am getting really bored with teaching beekeeping 101 on BEE-L.

You say varroa killed those bees and I say the beekeeper looking after the
hives says no.

I have serious bee work to do and help standing around.

You know my position as does the list.

You guys are not going to change my opinion of the neonics and I doubt if I
did a 100 posts would  change yours.

lets agree to disagree and move on.

I hate repeating myself over and over.

bob