From:
Hank Mishima <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 14:36:12 -0700
Hello All,

I found this information in  our local ag paper   here in Oregon
(Capital Press) and post FYI.

Besides banning banning methyl parathion (Penncap-M) and azinphos methyl
(Guthion), the EPA is evaluating 37 other major organophosphates
currently in use "so we can be ready to take action by the end of next
year to ensure our children are protected" according to EPA
Administrator Carol Browner.

The risk assessment and risk management proposal for coumaphos will be
from April-June of 2000. The USDA and land-grant university faculty will
also be involved as risk assessment reviewers.