Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 10:07:37 -0700

> One thing many forget though is that the results of well controlled, well
> planned trials are typically analysed and proven with statistics.
>
> Oftentimes the results of such tests are stated as having 95% probability of
> being true.  That leaves a meaningful chance that reality of the situation
> slipped the net and the truth is still -- out there.
>
> allen
> http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/Diary/

I can see how trying to prove things when there are so many factors to take into
consideration becomes difficult. If I remember some of what I read a few years
ago in the chaos theory books is that we are looking for attractors in these
tests and not always rock solid answers.

--

There is no doubt we need government in our lives. There is also no doubt
that we need salt in our diet. Watch out for too much of either one.
AA4YU http://www.beekeeper.org http://www.q7.net