From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Aug 2015 08:07:21 -0500

> yet the state inspector wants to destroy them as they are to mean..

Does they have the legal right to destroy your property because of bad attitude? I’d like to see the law

That’s an interesting question,  its not worded in the regs as I see it.  And it sure seemed like she was trying to get me to voluntarily do it.  Kept cvaling it "hive depopulation"  Finally asked her what she ment by that.

Here is the quandary,  Yes,  without a doubt I have some mean hives this year.  Ended up with about 6 out 50 that are real mean.  And normally I work without PPE.  Not this season.   Good news I have figured out which hives they are, and requened a cpl as I am not fond of super mean either.

That said,  IMO they are not any worse than some of the ferals I have worked, and about the same as many hives out of CA I have run.  Some days they are not bad,  but others they are really pissy.   The REAL kicker?  The hive she said was bad,  is not.  In fact they are super calm.  But one of them directly behind was bad.....

So how do you define it?  She took bees and sent them to a lab,  says they come back 89% non European,  What the Bleep does that mean??

Charles