From:
Justin Kay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2017 17:22:12 -0500

> From my understanding of it, you'll get CNG stickers that you can put on
> your honey jars as a way of promoting/distinguishing it.

I believe you can get business cards, signs, banners, and pamphlets as
well. Plus listing your site on their website. Of course, the question is
whether the cost of admission is worth it.

The larger question is what value the customer places on the certification,
and thus if there is any added value in the sales price of the product. If
I'm able to charge another $2 a pound with the certification, I'd say it's
worth the hassle. If not, I don't know.

I get many customers that ask if my product is organic. I have to have a
long conversation with them to inform them that I follow organic practices,
but I"m not "certified organic", in part due to certification requirements
and in part due to expenses involved with obtaining the certification. If
the customer is willing to listen, I then explain how all "organic" honey
is actually imported . . . brazil . . . bla bla bla. In the end, the
customer never buys honey. They say "neat" and move on. So if I could say
I'm CNG, and the customer views it as synonymous with organic, and I could
charge more, it would be worth it. But those are all big "ifs".