From:
Steve Noble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 2008 10:42:41 -0400
“There must be more to the varroa-DWV story than this.  In my bees, there is
a clear correlation between mite population and incidence of young bees with
deformed wings.”  Peter de Bruyn Kops

Let’s not forget that Varroa mites actually suck the vital fluids out of
bee larvae.  Healthy adult honeybees don’t get deformed wings.  Only newly
emerged bees show the symptoms.  The question that lingers in my mind is
what symptoms would these heavily parasitized bees show if the virus that
is associated with deformed wings was not present?  Would they be fat and
sassy or weak and snivly?

Steve Noble