From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2007 11:59:10 -0700
Was enough this year but once last year I
> had to get the real suit out but my new helper was really stirring up the
> bees with his behavior. With his suit of armor (duck taped at all
> entrances)
> and failure to smoke stings he was the source of the problem. Plus some
> robbing was going on with the supers we had pulled.

You hit the nail on the head, Bob!  I work big colonies fast all day, and
it's rare that I put on a veil, let alone gloves (winter and rainy weather
excepted).
I'll be done going through other beeks colonies, with me wearing shorts and
sandals, before they are done taping up with duct tape.
Not that I'm especially tough, it's just that after you've worked bees
without armor for a while, you learn how to "read" and handle bees.
When it's no longer painful, you know you've finally got it right!

I see the same with the occasional crew member who always manages to "find"
the hot colony.  Seems to me that he creates it.

Randy Oliver