From:
Barry Richards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 May 1998 06:53:17 -0500
Tom Elliot wrote:

>I would suggest that a group of hobbiests get together and lobby to get
>a "Cottage Industry" provision added to the Texas statutes.  It would
>take a significant investment of time, but would pay off in the long run
>if you could get it established.

Now is the time for you to go back to the reporter that ran the original
story on your beekeeping operation and tell them what has happened as a
result.  A follow-up story decrying the unfair statutes in light of the
crisis confronted by beekeepers could quickly get the attention of
legislators in your area.  This is one of those issues where it would be
easy for a legislator to look good, taking on the potent anti-honeybee
sector :)

Let us know what happens.
-Barry Richards