From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 23:12:58 -0700
Hi all

Layne wrote:
I wonder if the bees would start building their
comb on the middle one, or if they would start haphazardly
anywhere, or on one side of the hive, as they
usually do in my hives when I hive a swarm?  Sometimes the
first comb to be built is at one end of the hive.  These
are some of the questions that came to my mind today while
I pondered the subject.
Any answers?

Reply:
As we work with a swarms and start all we get on 4.9mm
foundation, when we started resequencing, we checked all
the newbees we had started.

The ones having problems were not sequenced properly.
Realigning the frames enabled them to then come on and
build.

All aligned to center, started center.

Sincerely,

Dee