Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (28 lines)
http://discovermagazine.com/2017/march/buzzkill

No comments. Still on the fence.

Another in a list of hit pieces.......  

No fence here.

I spent a day with Bryan (leaving out a last name for now)  He runs 10k of his own hives,  and brokers another 5k.  Bees this year except for one customer were fantastic.... Looking at the deadout yard from all winter,  it had around 400 hives in it. 150 were from 1 guy.

Bryans own hives run the summer in Iowa. We got into the debate....  And in the end,  he admitted bees are better than before neonics.  His final statement was losses are way down,  but they still hate neonics... Why?  Simple  he said that even though the kills were higher before,  the saw the sprayers coming, so they were ready for a round or two of brood/ bee loss.   
They don't see the seed coating wind drift......

Bryan was also in 100% agreement,  that if we win this battle we lose the war as we will no longer be welcome on farm ground.

He also mentioned that many of the bee guys are now telling the farmers it will be 20$ a hive more if I see you spraying while my bees are there. As I watched several apiaries sprayed with fungicides by plane this week,  I see the idea as valuable. The problem is 20, is not quite enough of a premium.

Charles

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2