From:
Roger Flanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 11:21:52 -0600
I recently received material from a seed company in Minnesota, USA, offering
"Evergreen white blossom sweet clover...long considered one of the finest
quality and highest producers of honey for use by bee keepers."  According
to the flyer, "Evergreen sweet clover was developed a number of years ago by
the Department of Agronomy at Ohio State University for use by bee
keepers...is extremely tall (6-10 feet), and flowers from the bottom of the
plant to the top over a long period allowing bees to work this pure white
blossom sweet clover for 6-8 weeks, or longer in some cases."

Has anyone on the List had any personal experience with "Evergreen" clover
as a nectar source?  Also, since most sweet clovers are biennials, could I
expect this plant to re-seed itself in year 3, and beyond?  (I live in
southeast Nebraska, USA; USDA region 5.)
--Rog Flanders