From:
Debbee Corcoran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jun 2018 18:56:34 -0400
Peter,
thank you for that enlightening email on the beekeeping industry past and present here in NY.  Someone on this list mentioned eradicating the BeeLaws and starting over but it sounds just as frustrating now as it was back then with the same “like-minded” type of people.   You mentioned “What is needed to ensure a viable beekeeping industry is a research unit based on the Canadian model, where the industry contributes funds directly to researchers to carry out work that directly benefits them. In NY State the taxpayers are expected to fund programs like the Apiary Inspection and the Dyce Lab at Cornell that have not produced significant tangible benefits to anyone except their respective employees”.
Well all I can say is THANK YOU RANDY OLIVER!  Someone else mentioned we should all donate to him and I agree.  His Scientific Beekeeping page is a treasure.  You don’t need much to give if we all do it.

Deb Corcoran
Western Catskills NY