From:
Fernando Esteban <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2018 10:10:15 -0300
Ghislain wrote:
Anyone on the list knows if the sublimation of oxalic acid at temperatures
above 30 ° C (=86° F) would be dangerous for honeybees?

We have worked for about two to three years with oxalic acid sublimated
between 2012 and 2014 without any hazard for honey bees. Our area is between
33º to 35º South with temperatures between 20 to 35ºC (sometimes near or
over 40ºC) during summer.

The main problem for us at 30ºC is that many bees are out of the beehive at
this temperature and the treatment is not effective then we worked early in
the morning probably below this temperature.

For this with strong colonies the other problem we found is that the gas
could not cross the mass of bees because of vigorous ventilation then we
started moving a couple of frames to work with an "open nest". I am sending
by private a couple of photos not to disturbed the list.

Best regards
Fernando
Cordoba, Arg.