From:
Dave Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2011 21:50:55 -0500
From: "randy oliver" <[log in to unmask]>

>> >Do you know what geographic areas the samples were taken from that
>> >showed
>> contamination?  I am assuming some geographic locations are worse  than
>> others?
>

> Right you are--Bob's apple orchard would likely show high levels of
> organophosphate  : )

Not necessarily!  When you keep bees AND manage an orchard, you get a
reality check every time you spray.

When I managed an orchard years ago, I kept a yard of bees right alongside
one of our orchard blocks. The bees were ripping strong and never showed any
sign of loss - in contrast to bees kept around some of the other orchards.

The reason:  we followed the labels strictly. We mowed the orchard floor
blossoms before spraying, and sprayed almost entirely at night. So there was
neither contamination of bloom, or contact with flying bees.

Betcha Bob's bees would not test out high on organophosphates.  If they did,
he'd soon be out of business.

Dave
Who wishes he'd been as careful about ear plugs as he was with poisons.