From:
George_Willy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 1996 20:00:10 +0500
>Interesting to see the bee venom therapy discussion in high gear,
>especially since an exceptionally informative educational afternoon with
>speakers on the subject during the BC Honey Producers AGM.
>
>Has anyone any experience using bee venom therapy for Lou Gehrig's disease?
>Am I correct in thinking ALS is the same disease? As a muscular
>degeneration condition, I would expect it to have similarities to MS, but
>would be interested in comments on the more specific use for Lou Gehrig's -
>i.e. what stage was the treatment used,  what points to use the venom on,
>duration of treatments, effectiveness etc.
>
>I have a dear friend who has been diagnosed with the above, "or something
>very like it". So far, 18 months after onset, the effects are still
>confined to the tongue - swollen and stiff, causing serious speech damage.
>No traditional treatments appear to be known. Acupuncture etc. have done a
>little - a very little. She is ready to try anything and has been very
>interested in the references to immune system stimulation of bee venom. Any
>help out there?
>
>Regards, Fran Kay

Fran,
        You need to get in touch with Charles Mranz living in Middlebury Vt.
He has thousands of hives and has been practicing Bee Venom Theropy for
many many years. He has a few books going and from what I understand is
willing to share knowledge.  I know of people that cant walk with out BVT.
I am not sure that he is computer literate in that he is I believe in his
70s or80's
        George