From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 2014 04:23:24 -0300

> I would like some more information like what concentration of copper
> naphthenate (CN) was used, what was used to break down the CN, were the
> inside of the supers painted?
>
> I have use CN now for 40 years and have not seen any problems such as you
> are reporting.

What concentration do you use Trevor?  Inside of supers?

I have also used CN for near 40 years.  Boxes are dipped in a mix of
linseed oil and varsol with 1% CN and maybe some titanium dioxide or
mistint alkyd paint for pigment,  They are air dried for at least a month
before use.

Queens are not marked, and never done any experiment with controls.
But never noticed a problem and boxes last a reasonable length of time and
the yearly tests on my honey have never shown any detectable residue.

Good for rot, but does not deter carpenter ants, so probably doesn't help
with your termites either.
Stan
currently at anchor in a stiff wind and wishing Bribie Island wasn't on the
other side of the planet.