From:
Joel Klose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2008 22:04:20 -0500
I was on a panel with Dr. Calderone and Dr. Amann at the local college a
couple of weeks back to discuss CCD. In speaking with Dr. Calderone he
indicated he was doing some work with HSC.  I won't pass along the results
he shared in fairness to him.  I expect we'll be seeing some additional
information in 2009/2010 from Dyce about this.  I'm curious about the
difference in honey production (noted by Randy Oliver) and if and how HSC
impacts foraging.  Since we have two vectors for studying this on different
sides of the country common results could be validating.

As a side note Dr. Calderone will also be doing some work relating to
pesticide buildup in comb I think related to the possible impact on CCD.

Best Regards,
Joel