From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Oct 2005 15:39:53 -0400
> The answer to Bob Darrell's question, "Are there no
> American equivalents to the CHC?" is bluntly, no.
> I would wager that there will be no oxalic help from the NHB.

The National Honey Board has no charter to get involved
in such issues.  They exist to "promote honey".  Right now,
their charter even prevents them from even promoting "US honey",
a weird situation for a group that was set up by an act
of the US Congress.

Changing their charter in any way would require another
act of Congress, approved by a majority.