From:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:07:48 -0600
> Just a case of "shoot the messenger".  NOD has only
> responded to the FA-PMRA situation, not caused or ever
> stirred it.  They came to us in Nov. 2001 threatening
> to pull C94-05 unless registration took place.

Perhaps, perhaps not.  These authorities seem to be attracted to any private
party making claims.  An oxalic promoter on the West coast got his wings
clipped, too, by CFIA for making claims, but those doing research or
responsible private treatment in consultation with provincial apiarists are
left alone.

I suspect that, by attempting to create a commercial product that you have
raised the bar, and attracted attention to, and endangered, a tacit working
agreement made between those authorities and CAPA.

> CHC just didn't have time to deal with the offer...
> Due process is to draw up a resolution for the AGM,
> discussion, amendments and vote...

True, CHC is very cumbersome, and often has trouble making good decisions
for those reasons.  I do definitely know about that!

Personally, however, I think you are forcing the issue and bringing formic
registration to the front burner by your activities, and in the process may
well make it difficult for the many Canadian beekeepers who have a safe,
effective, and inexpensive formic regime in place.  Moreover, we know by
experience that your product is not the answer for many of us in the West.

Maybe we do need to work together to get a formal general registration place
to allow all existing formic use, but, to date, no one has had big problems
with the status quo, and everyone was careful not to rock the boat and
possibly bring on overregulation.

allen
A Beekeeper's Diary: http://www.honeybeeworld.com/diary/