From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2013 17:21:12 -0400
>> having 5 possible levels of the outcome variable (starved) will fragment the data (observational bee data already tend to be fragmented and noisy). Apart form the fact that beek will not be able to recognise these things. Keep it as simple as possible.

I agree!  And thats the problem, the average
beekeeper will probably miss diagnose more
times than they get it right.

I won't argue the worth of a detailed or simple
survey, -I'll let that rest.   But I am curious
what you would need to include in a survey in order to
keep it simple and yet reveal something of value?
Something that someone can look back 10 years
from now and glean valued data?

Best Wishes,
Joe Waggle
https://www.facebook.com/Historical.Honeybee.Articles