From:
queenbee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 07:19:08 +1000
> You putting 8 frames in a 10 frame box? Also how putting
> the frames in the box (sequence here)?

No they are an 8 frame box that takes 8 frames only.  These are used in
certain parts of Australia.  I had a few I had acquired over the years and
thought I would try them as they do not go into the yards with the normal 10
frame boxes.

As for sequence, I had the drawn ones left over from the ones that died out
the previous year that I started the new hive with in a four frame nuc box..
Tried in one to just let them expand of their own accord.  The other one I
split the brood with a foundation.  Same result in both.

Trevor Weatherhead
AUSTRALIA