From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Mar 2011 21:23:53 -0600
? had given them out to beekeepers so there were already
> queens from the Africanised bees out there in hives.  So they had a head
> start before the excluders were removed.

Above is the story believed by most researchers. The excluders removed is
the story most suspect as to if even happened.

The story told to me by Steve tabor concerning the semen import into Baton
Rouge is different than the story told by those experts on the subject not
in Baton Rouge at the time. Also verified by Gary Reynolds (Steve Tabors
assistant at the time and still around).

The scuts in Florida came off ships and containers and not the Kerr import.
A very different bee than the AHB which crossed the border in Texas.

Swarms enter the U.S. all the time off ships and in containers from Asia.
Other countries with busy shipping and container traffic are always at risk.

T. Claire if arrives will enter from a port in my opinion. Hawaii received
varroa from a ship swarm in my opinion and Australia will get varroa from a
ship or container swarm in my opinion when varroa arrives.

bob