Date:
Fri, 28 Dec 2012 05:39:49 -0500

Honeybees with temp controls by race/strain and in tune with spring solstice and
fall solstice

 In Spring and Autumn (Fall in US) you have Equinoxes (equal day and night). Solstices and longest and shortest days, Winter and Summer. If there is a lunar effect on bees I would expect it to be more gravitational than illumination.  We know that the tides are affected by lunar cycles, giving 'spring' tides at full and new moon and 'neap' when waxing or waning.  As the biology and activities of bees are so governed by fluids it is possible that there may be subtle effects in a similar way to which it is/was thought to affect human lunatics.  Those who keep records of the temper of their bees might like to see whether there is any correlation between stinging incidents and lunar phases.

Chris