From:
Daniel OCallaghan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2013 13:06:19 -0400
>So perhaps the reason that it is impossible to produce "scientific" proof is that the residues in nectar and pollen are simply not concentrated enough to cause noticable health problems in colonies.<

Since seed treatment is systemic, it seems a given that some
concentration of neonics are expressed in pollen and nectar. Can
anyone point to studies done on specific crops of the
levels/concentration of pesticide distributed through/expressed by the
various plant parts? Not 'collected by bees' and found in the hive,
but the amount actually found to be secreted/excreted/residual in the
crop during its various growth stages? In my layperson's mind, I think
this would be a basic study included in the approval process, but I
haven't found any. Anybody know if there specific references somewhere
for this information?
I've searched the archives and other sources and found a few studies
indicating neonic levels in bee-collected pollen, but nothing on
concentration actually found in the treated plants.

Dan O'Callaghan
Irish Hill Farm
Xenia, OH