From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 15:59:20 -0500
On 12 Feb 98 at 15:59, Roy Nettlebeck wrote:

>   I have been using essential oil mix for over a year.They are also
>   being
> tested at Ohio State at the U level.
>  It has worked for me.No apistan used last year , except for
>  checking for
> Varroa on a few hives.
>   I will have a better idea on how the fall treatment worked , when
>   I get
> into my hives after the rain stops.Bee flight a week ago looked
> good. That means very little , when it comes to Varroa.I have over
> 100 hives at home to check. I'm at a 5-6% loss right now. The
> moisture level in some of the hives has caused problems.I did not
> have moisture excapes on all of the hives.
<snip>
>  Vaporization is complex and varried to the enviornment.We are
>  talking
> about a few drops to the quart then less that a ml per hive.

At long last, some one who has or is using essential oils!!!
A simple request, please, tell us what you're doing.
         Don't want you to commit yourself as to wether it works or not,
just your decided method of application, and materials used.
        If not in open forum, then to me privately, please.

The Bee Works, 9 Progress Dr, Unit 2,
Orillia, Ontario, L3V 6H1
Phone/fax  705-326-7171
David Eyre, Owner.