From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Sep 2009 09:04:40 -0400
New Documentary airs tonight on cable

http://planetgreen.discovery.com/tv/reel-impact.html

"If all the bees die, what do you have to live for?" asks beekeeper Matt Hutchens.

The Last Beekeeper, produced by Fenton Bailey and Randy Barbato, follows the lives of
three commercial beekeepers in South Carolina, Montana, and Washington. Over the course
of a year they struggle to come to terms with the Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD), a
phenomenon in which worker bees from a beehive or European honey bee colony abruptly
disappear. CCD threatens crops and world food supply along with the livelihoods of
beekeepers.

The documentary follows the pilgrimage of the bees and beekeepers to the largest
beekeeping event of the year—the mass pollination of California's almonds. The
interconnectedness between bees and humankind becomes apparent as we learn exactly
how much we depend on these waning insects. It is not just a bee or beekeepers' problem;
it is a problem for us all.

Watch the world premiere of The Last Beekeeper on Planet Green, September 12, 2009.