From:
"E.t. Ash" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2017 06:07:35 -0400
a randy oliver snip...

I myself do "lecture" people on ethical treatment of their pets and
livestock, in so far as I feel that there is not need to allow a colony to
die a fully preventable slow and miserable death due to lack of varroa
management.  And I feel that I've got a grip.  If they don't want to treat,
that's fine with me, but I do feel that they have the ethical
responsibility to perform euthanasia and put the colony out of its misery,
and an ethical responsibility to other beekeepers to prevent further spread
of the causal mites and virus(es).

my comments..
Well the first thing I would suggest to you Randy is your view is very anthropomorphic... that is you really don't know that the bees or the hive is suffering.  Simply you have PROJECTED your own feeling unto the hive and really have no way to determine if the individual bees or the hive is 'suffering'.  On the other hand to somewhat quote Gandhi... 'suffering is the one thing all things here or earth share in common... even the rocks suffer'.

Personally I suspect some here are confusing ethics with morals....

Gene