From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2014 12:31:14 -0500
> And on top of that, we act as a cohort....girls synchronize.  (Did you
guys know that??)

Such synchronization seems to be evidence that the moon is NOT the
overwhelming force here.  I'd suggest pheromones.

And for those remembering that the sun CAN have a measureable impact on
tides, ("spring tides" et al) they have to recall that the oceans cover a
very large surface area and water is held together with very good cohesion,
and the tidal "bulge" very tiny as compared to the diameter of the Earth.
Something tiny is not going to be able to "feel" the change in gravity as
well, as it is far too small to do more than react to the net sum of all the
influences.  So while a rising tide lifts all ships, it is not going to make
you weigh any less on even the most precise scale.